Thread: 2014 SS Canaro cam and CAI only pinging bad

Tuner in Training

2014 SS Canaro cam and CAI only pinging bad

Wrong section.
    Last edited by 96LT4C4; 02-23-2024 at 11:13 AM.

Senior Tuner
    I had a very similar situation recently. This is going to sound crazy but.. It was injectors.

Guy brought a ton of parts for us to install including a crate engine. We did and it knocked HARD between 4500-5200 RPM. with 15 degrees of timing in it. We were convinced the engine was really high in compression like 12+ to 1.

We tried all kinds of things. Eventually decided it was high compressoin and we just need to do it on E85 and be done with it. We installed injectors for E85 and the problem completely went away. It took reasonable amounts of timing. No more audible or sensor knock.

The car never missed. I have logs (had to send them to engine builder) with perfect AFR. Never gave any indication there was anything odd going on with the injectors. But injectors fixed it. I'm personally on my 23rd year of tuning professionally. I've never seen or heard of anything like this. I've had bad injectors before. Never anything like this.

Oh also.. When we swapped injectors I just dumped the injector data and went for a drive. It didn't take any tuning. Fuel trims and wideband were all still super close. So it's not like one injector wasn't firing or something. It must have had something to do with a screwy spray pattern or something.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs