Thread: l86 btr220 cam

Tuner in Training

l86 btr220 cam

hey guys. i have a l86 ive installed a btr220 cam. 4 degree limiter. springs lifters and pushrods. ive worked on the tune where it seems to run good in park. revs fine and doesn't shut off but when in gear it feels like it doesnt have power, on the converter always. if someone could look over the tune i would greatly appreciate it.. thanks in advance. let me know if the format is correct for the tune. first time trying to upload one.6161cady7.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmichael397 View Post
    hey guys. i have a l86 ive installed a btr220 cam. 4 degree limiter. springs lifters and pushrods. ive worked on the tune where it seems to run good in park. revs fine and doesn't shut off but when in gear it feels like it doesnt have power, on the converter always. if someone could look over the tune i would greatly appreciate it.. thanks in advance. let me know if the format is correct for the tune. first time trying to upload one.6161cady7.hpt
    Could you post the trans file as well. GM has tons of torque management in the trans as well. Just doing a quick glance over the tune it seems to be on track to put down decent power. Does the vehicle nose over when trying to put it against the converter? Have you tried any WOT runs to verify no power or lack of power?

Tuner in Training
    I?ll have to grab the trans file. I haven?t done any tuning with it yet. No I haven?t actually taken it down the road. The truck is definitely trying to nose over when it?s in gear. Main reason I chose this cam was because it was supposed to work with the stock converter

Tuning Addict
    There haven't been any fuel adjustments made? Idle is also set all over the place from 650 to 750. Start by tuning in your fueling with the engine at full temperature. You "might" need to tweak torque a touch to get it drivable to tune it, but you need to dial in fueling.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    6161cady7.5.hpt heres another file. let me know if its exactly what you need.

Advanced Tuner
    You turned off your VE and never adjusted fueling on MAF. Id either do a bunch more research or pay someone to get you started.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for that. I?ve adjusted the idle some. Will upload soon

Tuner in Training
    Ns158sl. I?ll pay you to tune this unit. Please. Just let me know how much

Advanced Tuner
    Thats not quite my deal. There are a few on here that do that. I know I will catch flack, but a dyno will help tremendously.

Tuner in Training
    Figured.

Tuner in Training
    Figured. Let me know if you can actually help

Tuner in Training
    i just did the same install recently on my gen v lt1 ,btr 220 cam springs,lifters,ect. i tuned my car myself ....fuel,vve table,maf error,speed density,also your torque management driver demand maps will need to be tweeked . if your producing more torque than commanded your gonna have issues,i tuned mine from 80% pedal position up to maintain drive ability....i never heard any mention of a wideband so if u dont have one i highly recommend slamming on the brakes until you get one installed

2021 SS 1LE ,btr 220 cam ,msd intake, ss lth, catless 3" exhaust ,cai,msd 2 step,nitrous express proton plus,catch can ,