Thread: 2006 Hemi swap Fuel question

Potential Tuner

2006 Hemi swap Fuel question

I swapped a 2006 5.7 into a 54 dodge truck. have the entire car I've been using the parts off of. Been through the pin outs and all the wiring for weeks on end. a virtual book of information. I have searched every way I can think of to find any related info on here as well.. I have a MMX made cam and MDS shut off, I have it mated to a T56 6 speed trans so no TCM to worry about. Read through and searched to my wits end on how to get it to start. ASD relays are functional, Data port is working now ( found that it needed a 100 ohm resistor in place! Thanks for that info guys!), Fuel pump relay is active and running fuel into the rails. Home made fender headers with the front O2.s installed etc....I even set the starter relay back into to system instead of stand alone. If I lift the rails and add fuel into the injector ports the truck starts so the coils/ignition work.

The problem I have is that I cant get the injectors to pulse. Have the power side tested and its there. On the scanner I get no injector pulse width, no fuel trims and the fuel system status reads OL not ready. DTC comes up with an implausible fuel signal . I shut off anything I could find in the editor for the Bank 2 O2's and fuel signal search. Hoping it would not look for fuel as a fault. I do not understand the tuner program to change values so i will have it tuned remotely after i can get it running . multiple tuning software that I bought for each vehicle i have and still cant get my brain around the values.

Does this seem like a tuning issue with the fuel or is there a way to find if I fried the PCM? The car drove into the garage when I started the project so I know it was good at one time.

2_24_24 DTCS off 02 and fuel message.hpt
    Last edited by phuglyhemi; 02-25-2024 at 08:46 AM.

if the engine is not starting you need to make sure you have constant 12v to pcm when cranking. Old school ignition switches cut power between ignition on and crank if voltage drops it resets pcm and cause injectors to not fire.

www.n2speed.com
    http://www.amp4x4.com
    [email protected]

Dodge And GM Tuning Suppport
    Diablosport CMR | HP Tuners

Potential Tuner
    I will check into that when I get home again. I?ve tried reworking the run and run/start on the ignition switch so they both stay hot. Have also set the pcm pin onto a constant hot on my fuse block when trying to start., but I will put a meter in the circuit and make sure when cranking! Thank you for responding

Potential Tuner
    Still leaves the fuel not ready issue in the scanner?

When you write the .hpt file, what are you selecting? Should be a disable skim option.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    Yes., the skim option is disabled

When to go to write the .hpt file, don't select write calibration. You want to select "Skim disable for retrofit"

Russ Kemp