Thread: 2010 Ford Mustang PATS disable

Potential Tuner

2010 Ford Mustang PATS disable

I tried to search and found confusing information on this topic. I know that the later ECM are not able to disable PATS in HP Tuners, but does anyone know if you can successfully disable PATS on a 2010 ECM? I wanted to get some verification before I pay to license this VIN. Thanks for any assistance!

Advanced Tuner
    I think you can flash the control pack strategy on a gen 1 and remove pats that way. But I haven't done it myself so verify.

Potential Tuner
    I appreciate the response but the 2010 is the 4.6 motor still, not the coyote

Advanced Tuner
    So use the 4.6l control pack tune.

Yes you should be able to with no issues as long as the PCM is a Spanish Oak. You have to disable both PATS switches and then if you enable pats once again you will need 2 keys and a obd2 scanner with pats programming to resync your keys to the cluster.
    King Ranch Expedition 5.4 3v 6R80 Coyote PCM , M112 Blower, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Green Cats, Aeromotive Regulated Return Fuel System, ID 1000 Injectors, Custom Interior Wiring, Track Apps, EPS mode adjustable, +6 Blower Pulley w/ Innovators West SFI Balancer, Afco Dual Fan ZL1 Heat Exchanger, Flex Fuel E85 0-60 5 secs 12.0 best quarter mile time.

Upload the original read from the vehicle if possible most of the Spanish Oak PCM's have the PATS parameters mapped in HPT, so you should very well be able to shut down the pats. Now with it being a 2010 and ford updating the cluster systems in those vehicles it may depend but the PCM programming should still have the same PATS functions as the 05-09 mustangs. I think as well the GEM module was updated in 2010 so your going to have to go in your system tab and see what parameters are mapped. If all else fails I believe I have a control pack strategy I can give you for the 3V.
    King Ranch Expedition 5.4 3v 6R80 Coyote PCM , M112 Blower, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Green Cats, Aeromotive Regulated Return Fuel System, ID 1000 Injectors, Custom Interior Wiring, Track Apps, EPS mode adjustable, +6 Blower Pulley w/ Innovators West SFI Balancer, Afco Dual Fan ZL1 Heat Exchanger, Flex Fuel E85 0-60 5 secs 12.0 best quarter mile time.