Thread: 2020 gt500 injector data with MPVi3

Potential Tuner

2020 gt500 injector data with MPVi3

Does anyone have a file i can use to compare to get the injector data for 2020+ gt500 injectors(M-9593-M55GT)? I've downloaded several files from the forums but all require a mpvi2 to read the files and i have an MPVi3. I've also tried to search the tune repository but that doesn't seem to return any results either. very well could be doing something wrong there.

the message is "searching for additional resources....please connect MPVi2"

thanks in advance for any help!

Advanced Tuner
    This should be everything. Gotta get creative because the coyote won't accept 150 psi for the axis.Screenshot 2024-02-27 181545.png

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    This should be everything. Gotta get creative because the coyote won't accept 150 psi for the axis.Screenshot 2024-02-27 181545.png
    thanks for the reply. i did find a similar picture and applied it. it starts but my combined short/long term trim is off by 13-14%. there are a couple of subtle differences beyond just the 150 psi issue. some of the tables on the gen 2 coyotes only allow for 2 decimal points whereas the ones here are 3-4 so you've got to round up or down. i'm pretty new to this and all the teaching i've read has me nervous to move forward knowing they are off that much. i'm going to check over my values and ensure i didn't type something wrong

i've added my hptuners file and log for anyone interested.

2017 Mustang gt500 injectors.hpt gt500injectorfirststart.hpl
    Last edited by Jefferydclark; 02-27-2024 at 07:21 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Ah, gen2. Are you sure your fuel pressure is what it’s supposed to be?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Ah, gen2. Are you sure your fuel pressure is what it’s supposed to be?
    i'm not. i haven't edited any of the inferred fuel pressure tables so at this moment they are the same as a stock gt. would the thing to do here is bump my pressure 10% and test? or do i get that data off a gt500 and go from there?
    Last edited by Jefferydclark; 02-27-2024 at 09:47 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    The logic calculates injector flow as a function of fuel pressure. If the actual isn’t what it expects then the fuel trims will be off. There are several ways to remedy this but I don’t know enough about your setup to tell you how to fix it. The gt500 has a fuel pressure sensor so stealing pressure data from that file wouldn’t do you any good.

Potential Tuner
    for anyone referencing. i found a picture of the data and used that. after a little trial and error i learned that my maf charts were not set properly(showing that maf was spot on). after changing that it showed that my maf was off 10-12%. tuned that out and all my issues have been resolved. i made a template for the gt500 injector data but cant post it on here for whatever reason. if you need the data you can pm me here or find me on facebook(jeffery clark, in tennessee) and i'll pass you what i used.

Did you adjust the flow rate and the multipliers for the higher psi? I'm attempting to tune some tomorrow. But I'm debating if i should adjust the multipliers if i adjust the flow rate to the additional pressure, or just use the stock data and let the multipliers do its thing.
    2017 mustang gt