Thread: Lean after battery disconnect?

Tuner in Training

Lean after battery disconnect?

2023-06-10-5.hpt2024-02-25-1.hpl2023-10-08-2.hpl

Hi All
    I pulled my box last week and C notched my frame for clearance. This required welding so I disconnected my battery and removed the gas tank for clearance. After putting it back together I am running lean? i logged fuel pressure and it seems to be following the commanded? I cant see any reason for it. can someone have a look at my log and tune? the newer tune shows the problem while the old log is from before. The tune is unchanged. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks2024-02-25-1.hpl2023-10-08-2.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files

Trims are negative, which means it's rich, not lean. At least compared to the older log file.

The fuel pressure PID is not a replacement for checking fuel pressure the olde timey way with a real gauge. On a lot of platforms that PID is a calculated/expected value and not an actual measurement from the sensor.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks
    I see what you mean with the fuel trims but I am still unsure of what is going on? My wideband is reading way lean and my MAF EQ error is showing lean as well? Is it possible that my MAF failed all of a sudden? What does the ecu use to calculate the trims? the narrow bands?

Well then you have two problems - the narrowbands and trims say it's rich and are pulling fuel, AND your wideband is lying to you. I don't have any idea what you might have changed or touched or missed when doing your frame work.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo5.3silverado View Post
    2023-06-10-5.hpt2024-02-25-1.hpl2023-10-08-2.hpl

Hi All
    I pulled my box last week and C notched my frame for clearance. This required welding so I disconnected my battery and removed the gas tank for clearance. After putting it back together I am running lean? i logged fuel pressure and it seems to be following the commanded? I cant see any reason for it. can someone have a look at my log and tune? the newer tune shows the problem while the old log is from before. The tune is unchanged. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks2024-02-25-1.hpl2023-10-08-2.hpl
    This looks like a poor connection at the wideband to hptuners pro link 0-5v.

An exhaust leak will look similar.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs