Thread: Case study: Toyota 1GR-FE no low end power/Tprque

Potential Tuner

Case study: Toyota 1GR-FE no low end power/Tprque

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Toyota/HPT tuning. I have done the changes to the file and low end power/ Low end torque seems way too less. Fuel trims seems okay while in OL acceleration. i can see CL STFT goes +ve a lot of times. MAF is calibrated, Transmission tables done, Fuel and spark adjusted. Still don't know what is missing in the process. Attaching the current set up datalog.

4" Intake piping
    Harrop Supercharger
    Long tube headers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Have you done anything to your exhaust?
    The reason I ask is because I have experienced a similar situation when I built a custom x pipe with duels. It seems that while it may have flowed well I lost velocity that I had with the stock y pipe.
    I would think that would not be the case with a super charged motor. You may also want to change your tip in point on your pe tables also you could be pulling timing or your computer is and adding pe or even coming in at 50% instead of 70 like the stock will do it. Your ECU may be pulling it.
    You may want to log timing actual, knock feedback , average timing correct. Also are you running a WB or relying on the factory? As you won't see much below 12:1 below that. You may be dumping to much fuel. To many factors in play. There is a person on here that explains the Toyota timing strategy it takes a lot of reading it and learning that to overcome what you may or may not be catching.
    S&S would be whom I would ask about? Do you have different injectors?