Thread: need help, car going into limp, and wont pull smooth under boost getting

Tuner in Training

need help, car going into limp, and wont pull smooth under boost getting

so i have a hellcat blower swap on a scat, i thought i was doing good got it running running ok . if i got it about 6lbs of boost it pulls smooth good afr about 11.0. sometimes it will go into limp mode after a pull not all the time, it will also come in and out with more boost at about 4000 rpm, at first i thought the throttlebody was opening, i made all the air charge changes, but if i turn the boost controller up it just keeps bouncing like its getting throttle kill. now it says the pedal is controlling it through out the pull but its still doing the same crap, plugs gapped at .027 keep it lower boost and its fine, but after 5-6lbs it starts doing this, hellcat injectors, 3 bar map, stock pump, can someone look at the last log and tune file and tell me what im doing wrong, im getting really frustrated
    2-27.hplupdated airflowsettingfromtony video1.1.hpt

There are points in your scan that show you hitting over 10psi of boost. If you're running a stock internal 6.4 with a Hellcat blower, I'd be very careful how much boost you put in it. I would recommend leaving the boost levels at around 5psi and refine the tune before considering more boost. I'm assuming you're using a Smooth Boost controller with an MMX install kit.

Your "Sensed Map" is Enabled. Start by disabling your "Baro Fine Tune" and "Baro Learn" and zero out your "Sensed Map Thres".
    I would also lower your "PRatio Max" to 2.0 and set you "PRatio Turbo Max" to 2.0.
    In Engine Diag, set you "P2172 Map Delta Hi" to max (250kPa) and same for "P2174 Map Delta Lo".
    Change your "Baro Voltage max" to 4.92v and "Baro Voltage Min" to 0.74v.

Start there.

Channels to add to your scanner
    Knock Sensors
    Injector Pulse width cyl 1
    Fuel Mass Cyl 1
    Aircharge
    Manifold air temp
    Intake and exhaust cam angle (not sure if you have the cam locked out.)

Tuner in Training
    Thanks man. It?s a built motor. Stock cam for now

Tuner in Training
    If you get time. Can you explain what those changes are doing and what it might be causing issues?

Tuner in Training
    So settings are a success. Car is a whole new car. Drives perfect. Thanks