Thread: 6.0 Powerstroke VGT Control

Potential Tuner

6.0 Powerstroke VGT Control

I have a 2005 F350 with a Titan 61/67. I've been trying to get my idle to stay open vein (0.15) but for some reason, the truck decides to randomly sweep the vgt when warm. The problem is that when the duty cycle hits .85, it'll begin to fall until it hits approximately .65 and then immediately goes back to .85. It's as if it is getting stuck in a loop and never returns back to 0.15 until the truck is shut off. Another small issue (and not nearly as important), when coming back to idle, the vgt duty cycle falls extremely slow to 0.15.

I've attached my current tune. It is a mostly stock file with some minor ebp table changes to get the veins open. I would like for the truck to either sweep properly or not sweep at all. Any insight to what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I haven?t seen the tune file yet but I guarantee you it?s the latest strategy. The latest strategy doesn?t allow you to do open vane (or I haven?t figured it out yet, working on the XDF?s for the VGT cycling now)

If you want open vane you need to roll back your strategy so it uses the EBP

Potential Tuner
    I believe you are correct. My current strategy is VXCF9C4. Sorry for the lack of knowledge on the subject but how does one go about rolling back? Is that something a dealer will do? I can't see where anybody is offering this service as of late.

Send me your file.

You will more than likely have to pay another licensing fee (I did when I did mine)