Thread: Tundra DTC List Question

Potential Tuner

Tundra DTC List Question

Hey everyone, new guy here just trying to learn some basics. I've been doing a lot of reading on the forum and also in the HPTuners support section, but I haven't been able to find the answer to my question (probably very obvious for those of you who are experienced in the tuning world), so I'm asking it here.

I found this page in the VCM Editor support section and it is very informative on the Engine Diagnostics screen, specifically the DTC Lists:

https://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Ed..._dtc_lists.htm

Unfortunately, they don't have any information listed for our Tundras. I attached a screenshot of what my DTC List screen looks like. From what I've gathered through reading, if the "MIL Enable" box is checked the check engine light will come on when the respective code is reported. I also assume if the "MIL on" column says "1st" it will come on the first time the code is reported, if it says second it will come on the second time.

My question is, what does the Emissions column change? Obviously you can't turn emissions "off" as they are a product of a combustion engine. Is this to turn emissions reporting off? Or does it have some other function?

Sorry again if this is obvious, but I'm trying to learn all of the basics before I start messing with anything. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images