Thread: Hellcat Throtte Body

Potential Tuner

Hellcat Throtte Body

Hi All, I have a 2017 Charger 5,7 and would like to install a Hellcat Throtte Body. Attached is the original version from my car. Can someone help me please with the changes?
    Thanks! Karoly
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I personally don't make any changes for the HC TB. Maybe enable sensed MAP if you have issues with Throttle light/limp mode

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JD40 View Post
    I personally don't make any changes for the HC TB. Maybe enable sensed MAP if you have issues with Throttle light/limp mode
    I've had issues with the Throttle light/limp mode with the HC TB.... what does sensed MAP do to alleviate the issue?

thanks!

Tuner
    Running a HellCat throttle body on a 5.7L that's not heavily modified can be more trouble than its worth in most cases. Just wanted to warn you about the potential for having issues. Just seems that having a closer to stock 5.7L build that isn't capable of accepting the amount of airflow the HellCat throttle body offers tends to wreak havoc on Phi Factor/Phi Adapt and Throttle inlet/outlet pressures and in some instances, ultimately throw you into limp mode with throttle codes. That being said, you can try and give this a shot. Fingers crossed
    2016 Ram CCSB Forged NA 396ci Stroker
    +2.5cc Flat/Dome Mahle Power-Pak Forged Pistons w/13.2/1 CR on E85
    Forged Manley 4.05" Stroke Crank/Speed Master Valvetrain
    Race Ported Eagles/Titanium 2.12"/Titanium 1.62" Valves
    Custom Cam 235/249 .629/.629 111LSA 110ICL+1Adv
    Ported Holley Hi-Ram Intake/NXpress Hi-Ram NO2 Plate kit w/250 Shot(4 sec)
    Tx Spd 2" Long Tubes/Active Viper Hood/2-Step
    ATI SD w/15% UD/Dual 450 Pumps/Fuel Cell in Bed/Demon 700cc Inj
    3800 stall/Det Tru-Trac/410 Gears

It's the new school version of putting a 1000cfm carb on your stock 350
    2000 Dakota R/T
    gt45
    42lb
    honda map
    10psi

Tuner in Training
    To be honest it's one of the few things I don't know the scientific answer for, but I know it works 100% and doesn't create any other issues for me. Iirc you may have to slightly adjust VE tables when enabling it, I remember WOT being a little lean/rich but could be wrong