Thread: A/C Disable Questions/Behavior

Tuner

A/C Disable Questions/Behavior

I set the Disable RPM to 3500 and the Re-Enable RPM to 3000. I also set the Disable TPS to 50% and Re-Enable TPS to 45%

In the Scanner I have A/C Clutch listed in the status bits.

I know these are really low, just trying to get an understanding on what happens and or what should happen.

I waited till the A/C clutch showed engaged and I hit WOT. I held it up to highway speeds, takes a long time in the Astro, and the A/C clutch remained engaged.

What I was expecting to happen was that the A/C clutch would disengage when either the TPS or RPM's was exceeded. Is this what should happen or does this setting just prevent the A/C from engaging when the criteria is met?

Thanks

Thought they should disengage the AC Clutch.
    Try setting it even lower for testing purposes.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    Will do and will post back with log. Thanks

Tuner
    First sorry for the long log. Traffic was miserable and I wanted to make sure I got lots of data to see what was going on. Real info is about 13 and 20 min into the log.

I set the A/C rpms to disable at 2500 and enable at 2000. TPS is 25 disable and 20 enable.

It looks it is not an automatic turn off but data to prevent the A/C from turning on if the limits are exceeded. So I can ramp up the RPMs and spin the hell out of the compressor until the cycle naturally ends. Then it won't turn on till I back down to the enable point. Still an improvement over stock behavior. Especially as the Astro is going back in the shop tomorrow as they totally missed/ignored the worn clutch I told them about.

The 20 min mark I threw it in 2nd gear at a light and drove for a few miles. The A/C was on prior but never turned on again as I passed 2500 and the TPS points. Once I got down below the enable point, which was several very warm florida minutes later the A/C kicked on.

It does not look like my vehicle has a cut off at WOT which would have been nice.

seems there is a MPH and also a gear qualifier to enable this functionality.

your file has this feature disabled for some reason.
    I count sheep in hex...