Thread: Delay Volume and Transition Volume settings (FF)

Advanced Tuner

Delay Volume and Transition Volume settings (FF)

Hey guys,

Out of curiosity, what do these two settings affect if they have incorrect values put in? Will my fuel trims be off for a certain period of time right after a large ethanol content change? I currently have both of them set to .02L with no real justification behind it other than stealing those values from another ctsv ff tune. I haven't tried different settings on these to see what the effect will be either. My car is a 2014 cts-v and the FF sensor is right on the rail so would the "delay volume" be essentially the volume of my fuel rail? Any insight would be helpful, Thanks

ff delay and trans volume.JPG

Tuning Addict
    Those are how much theoretical fuel has to pass through the sensor - I'm pretty sure calculated off of injector flow - before the ethanol sensor will change it's reading. I use .1's. Haven't seen any negatives from doing so and if anything it seems to keep fueling more in line or rather trims from shifting around.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    yea i just go little higher or lower depending if the sensor is at the tank or close to the rails, or if its dead head or return after rails changes how quick the ethanol get to the injectors

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Those are how much theoretical fuel has to pass through the sensor - I'm pretty sure calculated off of injector flow - before the ethanol sensor will change it's reading. I use .1's. Haven't seen any negatives from doing so and if anything it seems to keep fueling more in line or rather trims from shifting around.
    Sounds good Thanks Greg. I'll try that out.

Advanced Tuner
    As always, thanks for the info!

Senior Tuner
    I like smaller delays and volume transitions than the factory settings. It helps greatly when you dump in a full tank of E85 when it's been running straight gas. I haven't seen any negatives yet. The Alc content will change much much faster.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    I like smaller delays and volume transitions than the factory settings. It helps greatly when you dump in a full tank of E85 when it's been running straight gas. I haven't seen any negatives yet. The Alc content will change much much faster.
    So, like .01L for both?

Senior Tuner
    I haven't had any problem so far doing that.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs