Thread: Help interpreting a log

Tuner in Training

Help interpreting a log

I was in the suburban with the family fully loaded getting onto the interstate and I gave it a bunch of throttle. Around the end of getting up to speed it did some weird stuff. I see PE kick in and wideband is tracking, then in the middle it went back to stoich, then kicked in again. I swear I heard a backfire in there somewhere also, not a pinging noise. You'll see me punch it at the 12:22:16 minute mark. Tune and log attached. Thanks!

P.S. (Wideband is post drivers cat. 6.2l .005 over with Summit Forged 12cc dish pistons stock heads (upgraded springs) 9.5:1 CR estimated TSP Honey Badger Cam 218/230 .600/.600 115+3 LSA)
    Last edited by LMMKnight; 03-02-2024 at 09:28 AM.

Tuner in Training
    for me the log file only shows 9:17:xx to 9:27:xx!
    Also does not show PE mode..

I'm new, so likely NOT ABLE to help, but wanted to take a look anyhow...
    Last edited by mikez71; 03-03-2024 at 11:38 AM.

Tuner in Training
    For the PE mode I was going by the requested lambda not logging the PE pid. I wonder if the timestamp in the file is time zone dependent. It should be pretty easy to find though because the KR spiked high.

Tuner in Training
    Ah, thanks!

I think I see it, Must be the time zone like you mentioned!

When you hit about 80% Throttle? And the requested lambda goes from 12.21 to 14.17 when you drop to 73.5% throttle? (enrichment throttle setting?)

But then after ~2 seconds it goes back to 12.21 and open loop. Enrichment 'ramp out' taking 2 seconds? IDK
    Last edited by mikez71; 03-03-2024 at 09:02 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Your PE settings.. specifically the TPS enable could be moved down. Watch your Accel pedal %.. At the moment it falls out of PE you came back to 56% throttle. This is the reason why it came out of PE.

Engines don't like fueling snapping around.. The majority of the knock you got into was "burst knock" which can be zeroed out. But fast load changes/ fueling changes can cause knock.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    It looks like the pedal % comes down a bit. The Enrichment Throttle is at .5%. I assume that means if the throttle drops .5% it'll come out of PE. Could I put that up to like 5-10% to be safe?