Thread: 2010 up sierra Fuel Pump Control Module question with hard wiring pump

Tuner in Training

2010 up sierra Fuel Pump Control Module question with hard wiring pump

hey guys been trying to search this answer

2010 sierra 4.8 with TVS 2300 blower and 56lb injectors flexfuel pump at 7psi and im running out of fuel .

Options are

Replace fuel line with larger line

replace fuel line larger and do FPR on firewall and hardwire pump .

What do i do to the setting in the Fuel Pump for the hardwire ?

I don't think the fuel line size is the issue, guys with 6.2's and blowers can make great power on the stock fuel feed line.

I'd be looking at the pump if it can't provide enough fuel pressure for the power you are making. Was your truck factory flex fuel? I thought those came with bigger pumps that can support like 500hp.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I don't think the fuel line size is the issue, guys with 6.2's and blowers can make great power on the stock fuel feed line.

I'd be looking at the pump if it can't provide enough fuel pressure for the power you are making. Was your truck factory flex fuel? I thought those came with bigger pumps that can support like 500hp.
    yes the truck is a flexfuel setup and everything i read online was there good for around 600hp could be wrong i dont think im making 500hp yet lol

my issue is i put in a slighly bigger pulley and my duty cycle is at 97% and fuel pressure is dropping 6psi.

have another friend who is having same issue his was dropping off 12psi

thumbnail_IMG_2726.jpg
    Last edited by jdmcrx; 03-02-2024 at 09:47 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Have a 6.2 with 2.3L Whipple, 7 psi, and the stock flex pump was enough IF running “gas”(E10), but the whipple supplied GM 50lb injectors were over 100%. 72lb injectors fixed that. But on E85, the 72lb’ers and a Walbro 450 were both maxed out. If you think you will EVER run E85 , ( and if you’re already playing with pulleys you will),then best to plan an entirely new fuel system. Otherwise you’ll be doing it again, and good big injectors are expensive. Price of injectors takes a big jump when you go above 100 lbs.

Senior Tuner
    Is the “good for 500hp” supposed to be for NA or boosted”?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSure View Post
    Have a 6.2 with 2.3L Whipple, 7 psi, and the stock flex pump was enough IF running “gas”(E10), but the whipple supplied GM 50lb injectors were over 100%. 72lb injectors fixed that. But on E85, the 72lb’ers and a Walbro 450 were both maxed out. If you think you will EVER run E85 , ( and if you’re already playing with pulleys you will),then best to plan an entirely new fuel system. Otherwise you’ll be doing it again, and good big injectors are expensive. Price of injectors takes a big jump when you go above 100 lbs.
    thanks for the response, what did you do to your fuel system ?

i would like to put in my LC9 with BTR cam and maybe 10-12psi but want to figure out the fueling before i do this.

i was thinking of running a larger feed line to the front with a FPR on the firewall use the oem feed line as a return as it has the E Content sensor in it, replace the fuel pump with a 450LPH and just dump the return thru a bung drilled into the hat .

Other question is what do i do with the FPCM so i dont get a CEL ??

Advanced Tuner
    Nothing yet, but plans to do dual Walbro 450's, one boost activated, with a full return system, and 1300cc injectors. I plan to run the primary fuel pump through the FPCM, since that circuit is already using heavy gauge wire. You can change some settings in the FPCM to run it in this manner, but you will have to use 1 credit to license the module if you haven't already. Haven't done it yet but the info is here in this forum. I can tell you that trying to run the Walbro 450 as a PWM in a returnless system does not work so well.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcrx View Post
    hey guys been trying to search this answer

2010 sierra 4.8 with TVS 2300 blower and 56lb injectors flexfuel pump at 7psi and im running out of fuel .

Options are

Replace fuel line with larger line

replace fuel line larger and do FPR on firewall and hardwire pump .

What do i do to the setting in the Fuel Pump for the hardwire ?

I would think the stock pump should cover that. It might not be just due to age. It is 14 years old at this point.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs