Thread: 6.2 Ls3 Idle Problems

Tuner in Training

6.2 Ls3 Idle Problems

Car idles fine when started, when clutch is engaged or put into neutral idle drops. Could really use help

Tuner in Training

This is the current tune that is on the car

The car has a texas speed stage 3 cam with a cold air inductions cold air intake and tsp 1 7/8 headers, plus 60lb fic injectors and a zl1 fuel pump.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    And log.

Wrong injector data, "MAF-only" tune with VVE untouched, and you say it acts weird on return to idle, huh? That's so weird, I can't imagine why it does that.

Anything that's 60lb at the standard 43 PSI is not going to be 84.7lb at 58 PSI.

Tuner in Training
    how would i fix this? this is my first time tuning a car.

Start with the injector data since that's the foundation all of the other calculations the ECM does are based on. Do you have a link to the actual web page for the injectors you have, or the datasheet that was sent with them? Part number?

What is your fuel system - stock, returnless? Checked that it's 58 PSI like it should be?

Tuner in Training
    https://fuelinjectorclinic.com/Injec...99/IS303-0660H
    thats the link to the injectors and the fuel system is stock, it is at the 58psi it should be at

Base - FIClinic 660H.hpt

Couple things... First, those are not "60lb" injectors even at the standard rated 3bar/43PSI, so you had the IFR entered right, it's the part where they got called '60lb' that was off.

On the Offset vs Press vs IGNV you used the early E38 128-640kPa table, instead of the late 128-768. They have the same number of columns/rows so it pastes without throwing an error or leaving empty cells but the stuff is shifted over into the wrong columns.

IFR & Short Pulse Adder were correct, I only changed the Offset table for you. This is only a starting point, VVE needs to be tuned, MAF-only is probably not going to play nice with a cam that big.

Tuner in Training
    awesome i appreciate it, i will have to do some research on VVE tuning