Thread: 2006 f150 5.4 v10

Tuner in Training

2006 f150 5.4 v10

I don't see this truck listed in the supported vehicles list. It showing code for down stream O2 bank #1. the cats where replaced years ago. would like to simply just turn off both rear O2.
    If not available to tune or remove code is there any place I can get o2 simulators for this. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    I have read up on F150online.com forums that everyone is doing the non foulers 4 in total.
    drill out 2 of them to 1/2". thread into stock one add o2 and install.
    the idea is the sensor out of the flow of exhaust gas stops it from properly reading the exhaust and no code.
    2nd option is a DYI simulator with a cap and resister.

seems like this is very common issue on this engine. Truck has 80k miles only and cats have already been replaced 1 time. Father-in-laws truck so have to help him out.

Any input is greatly needed thanks.

Tuner in Training
    The second set can be turned off on tune… otherwise the nonfoulers also work. But only for the rears. Never use nonfoulers in the front sensors.

Tuner in Training
    I didn't see this engine available in hptuners. or that would be my first choice. Waste of credits to just remove one code. but anyways does anyone know for a fact this motor is available to "tune" i have the credits. thanks

oh i know the front o2 are for afr. no bypass. the rears are cat based and non foulers should work. or tune but still not seeing the 5.4 v10 listed.......

Tuner in Training
    There is no V10. The V10 is 6.8 liters. 04-10 F140 had a v6, 4.6 V8, or 5.4 V8. Only the F250, Excursion or E250 had the 6.8 V10 option. Also, the tune will work, but new rear o2 sensors are super cheap. Not as important so get $20 auto parts lifetime ones. If that doesn?t work, may be a wiring issue and I guess flipping a switch on the tune will be easier. But it?s not kosher with the feds lol

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Vette vs Stang View Post
    There is no V10. The V10 is 6.8 liters. 04-10 F140 had a v6, 4.6 V8, or 5.4 V8. Only the F250, Excursion or E250 had the 6.8 V10 option. Also, the tune will work, but new rear o2 sensors are super cheap. Not as important so get $20 auto parts lifetime ones. If that doesn?t work, may be a wiring issue and I guess flipping a switch on the tune will be easier. But it?s not kosher with the feds lol
    Ah you maybe right Fords aren't my thing so must be a V8. Sounds like the foulers trick is way to go. I can burn up 2 credits but just to turn off one code is a waste. Ok thanks so much.