Thread: young tuner needing assistance

Potential Tuner

young tuner needing assistance

I'm 18 years old, and just got into tuning. My truck is a ls swapped s10 with a truck norris cam. I'll post my last 2 logs and my tune below any help is greatly appreciated.
    3-6new race tune w dynamic air no 02s.hpt
    new race tune log2.hpl
    work log 3.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Here is a little better start. Timing map is not the prettiest but will look better when it is finished hopefully.
    Attached Files Attached Files

A few things. First and foremost I'm glad to see you actually have a wideband. For some reason people choose to skip this and have no way to actually tune WOT. Well done

Second, you'll need to log a few more PID's in order for your logs to be useful. I've attached a basic channels list to get you started. Also I would suggest using Lambda rather than AFR as it's much easier to tune with once you understand it.

Looks like your tune is set up in open loop but still has VE and MAF blended. You will have to start by picking one of them to tune first, then switch to the other. There are a few ways to do it but personally, I start with VE in closed loop for a few reasons. One being narrowbands are going to be more accurate than a wideband for cruising around and daily driving.

Keep us posted on your progress
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Appreciate the responses, I will try it out this weekend, and let you guys know the results.