Thread: Zero Pedal / Idle Torque question

Zero Pedal / Idle Torque question

Hopefully someone can shed some light on why my zero pedal torque is causing the truck to command 20 advance? Idle will surge when i mess with virtual torque or ve tables and does not like when i mess with external load. So the current tune has gotten it driveable but the truck is sluggish when you are heavy on the gas and the and wants to bog down and die.

Mods are Texas speed stage one cam with 0 phaser lockout, valve springs, lifters, and aem wideband but cant seem to make the wideband work in the scanner properly.

Anywho posted is an idle scan and current tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by no7imits; 03-07-2024 at 10:02 PM. Reason: title

Tuning Addict
    Start by putting it back into closed loop and add VE airflow to the channels. Hopefully your wideband is post cat. You need to dial in your VE table and MAF table then tune the map torque model. Map model controls idle timing, throttle and trans shift timing. Dial everything in with the engine at full temp. I recommend letting it idle for 10 minutes before ever driving then driving for about 25 or so mins then let it idle for another 4 in park when done. That should give you plenty of good data. Use filters to only log above a coolant temp of 80 Celsius and a tip temp above 60 Celsius.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

wideband is pre cat and theres something going on with my scanner not set up right. My current speed and readings off the wide band are missing

Think i should mention too 2015 GMC 1500 L83 4x4

Tuning Addict
    You either need to add a bung to keep pre cat or put it post cat. Not going to hurt anything being post. Fuel control is part of the torque algo and needs to take place. Your wideband was showing in my charts. It also looks like you might be using some of my channels I posted up a while back. If you are the channel for the AEM is already there.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

so the wideband was showing up in the chart on the right for you? mine is all blank along with speedo. and i welded the bung in place here is a drive i had a while back
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    You have to make your own charts. Then set it up to display either EQ or EQ error. The log above was showing an EQ of .89 for the first idle bit, so pretty rich. AGAIN, you need to tune in closed loop. Use the wideband in closed loop to verify the torque model and O2 tuning, but don't tune via wideband only. These things are torque controlled. Fuel is torque. You'll never get it right without the ecm being able to know it's outputs and inputs, which an O2 reading is pretty much both of those.

~Greg Huggins~