Thread: genv tuning issue truck motor corvette ecm

Potential Tuner

genv tuning issue truck motor corvette ecm

Hi everyone, this is my first post but i have been on here soaking up all the info you guys have posted and cant say enough about how much this forum has helped me understand this process. I have swapped a genv 6.2l into my 1990 miata. i purchased the drivetrain from a friend that had it in a rx7. The setup was previously tuned but it was never right. I was told it ran rich at wot. That issue was easy to resolve however im getting knock retard under hard acceleration. the engine is out of a 2016 yukon but the ecm and tune is a 2015 corvette. im wondering if im not fighting some modifiers or coeffiecients that i dont understand. I have noticed that the cylinder airmass scaleing and the p ratio scales for the two vehicles are not exactly the same. I guess im curious if anyone can think of any issues with this setup being able to be tuned correctly? The engine is basically stock internals with a msd intake manifold and custom exhaust manifolds that i had too fab. any help, advice or criticism would be apprieciated.

Actual knock or false knock to pull the throttle closed and limit the engine output? Need the tune and log posted to help.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]