Thread: 2008 vw gti tune help needed

Tuner

2008 vw gti tune help needed

I have a 2008 vw gti that is stock at the moment and was wanting to really dig into it, but noticed my desired lambda was dropping as low as .71.
    The pe fuel table is set pretty lean and I have ran through the tune so far and cannot figure out what tables control the extra fueling i am seeing?

I noticed i have some spark retard at fairly low timing and boost levels as well that's consistent.
    I am on low octane fuel so that might be a factor with that.

at the moment the car is on the stock tune and runs really Good with no in boost issues or anything going on.
    does anyone might have an idea of where I need to look for wot fueling?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    The richer fueling request is likely coming from the component protection tables. It is activated by modeled EGT. "Base Var 0,1,2" and "CM Var 0,1,2"

Tuner
    thank you for that. I did some reading on the s4 wiki also and it seems like alot transfers over to hp tuners, you just have to find the corresponding table. But from what i've read it seems you are correct. I assume that means its not an overtemperature table, but a dynamic table that gets referenced even if the egts are within a stable range?

Id like to keep my lambda from going so rich in that area so would i be ok to pull fuel from it, or is it a necessary thing for these ecus to keep the egts in check?

Tuner in Training
    If you zero out all three of the "Lambda Adder Mult. Var" maps (0,1,2) and then edit the six component protection target lambda maps to match what target lambda you actually want. (That way there is no factor also being applied to the tables) Then the lowest lambda target you'll get is what is specified in those component protection maps.

Also make sure to edit the Power Enrichment "Driver Demand Var" maps (0,1,2) to follow the fueling you actually want.

If you'd like the component protection tables to never be referenced and have fueling only follow the power enrichment maps, then just set all three "adder" maps to 0 and all six component protection target lambda maps to 1. The ECU will then just ignore them and only use the PE tables.

Tuner
    that really helps out a ton i do appreciate the info. Everything is starting to make a little more sense for sure!