Thread: Help with Track Map

Potential Tuner

Help with Track Map

first time poster here. I have done some searching but I am coming up empty- or perhaps the solution is out of my league.

I was at COTA last weekend and when I came home to review and process my videos all of my track maps were absolutely terrible.
    Usually the track looks like this:
    COTA layout 1.jpg

But this weekend it looked like this:
    COTA layout 2.jpg

I noticed then when I went to Track addicts and looked at the data overlays that there is some funky things going on like this close up of Turn 1 which is obviously not the path that my car took:
    Screenshot_20240308_185740_TrackAddict.jpg

Any ideas? I am using GPS data from a Dual XPS160 and had a 9Hz signal

Tuner in Training
    That looks like an error in the data. RaceRender doesn't reinterpret that stuff. Track Addict may have had a comm issue with the GPS too maybe.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, unfortunately, that looks like a data issue that isn't easily solvable in RaceRender. This happens on some of my videos when there are a lot of clouds or if I just generally get bad satellite reception. Upgrading to a Vbox Sport helped lessen the impact, but it still occurs occasionally for me (though I'd probably recommend a Racebox Mini nowadays).

I've tried putting together a website that allows you to edit the GPS coordinates so that they should look correct, and the map itself then looks pretty good, but the data never seems to show the car going the speed that it should be at those points. Probably something else that I need to do to average out the actual coordinates using other speed data...so not really ready for primetime just yet. Hope to get around to it at some point.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks guys. I am going to experiment with my Dual XPS GPS and track addict connection more.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    ... though I'd probably recommend a Racebox Mini nowadays). ...
    FYI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inxZcfQUCpc

Potential Tuner
    I had my phone set to Mock GPS; I wonder if that contributed to the spotty signal

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aUser View Post
    Looks like I need to figure out setting up my RaceCapture sooner rather than later!