Thread: Tuning 2010 rxt 260

Potential Tuner

Tuning 2010 rxt 260

Hello all. I recently bought a second hand mpiv2. Trying to connect it to my 2010 RXT 260, but am getting an error ?detect protocol failed?.

I have attempted to resync the device with no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thankyou.

what ecu is on the 2010?

Potential Tuner
    Hi Ruthless. They are the Bosch ME 17.8.5 ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by davus View Post
    Hi Ruthless. They are the Bosch ME 17.8.5 ECU.
    OK UPDATE Firmware & Resource files if you get same results, Submit a ticket you probably have to send ecu for protocol read so they could update network

Potential Tuner
    Thankyou guys. I appreciate you taking the time to help out.

I?ve been going back and forth with HP Tuner support, but we haven?t been able to crack it yet.

one of the question marks I have is around the converter cable I have (which converts from obd2 to the seadoo diagnostic plug). The person I bought it off said it was genuine HP Tuners, but im skeptical.

so, would it be possible for someone to please do a pin out test on their hp tuners -> seadoo cable and post the results? I will then use this to compare to the cable I have.

Thankyou!

dave

Thankyou guys. I appreciate you taking the time to help out.

I?ve been going back and forth with HP Tuner support, but we haven?t been able to crack it yet.

one of the question marks I have is around the converter cable I have (which converts from obd2 to the seadoo diagnostic plug). The person I bought it off said it was genuine HP Tuners, but im skeptical.

so, would it be possible for someone to please do a pin out test on their hp tuners -> seadoo cable and post the results? I will then use this to compare to the cable I have.

Thankyou!

dave
    cable most say hptuners if not purchase a new one

Potential Tuner
    Thanks mate. At the end of the day, a cable is a cable. As long as it?s pinned correctly it should work.
    One of the lads from HP Tuners is helping me work through the cable issue. I?d rather see if I can sort that out before spending the $105.
    The guy I bought it off swears it worked for him.
    Fingers crossed?..otherwise I?ll go down the route you suggested.

Thanks mate. At the end of the day, a cable is a cable. As long as it?s pinned correctly it should work.
    One of the lads from HP Tuners is helping me work through the cable issue. I?d rather see if I can sort that out before spending the $105.
    The guy I bought it off swears it worked for him.
    Fingers crossed?..otherwise I?ll go down the route you suggested.
    ok