Thread: Cruise Control Surging

Tuner in Training

Cruise Control Surging (Fixed)

Tuned a 2018 Tundra (supercharged) and cruise control is surging. Remote tune for someone, so I can't test things myself. He starts in 6th gear torque converter locked, engages cruise, converter unlocks and instantly goes to 4th and eventually settles in 4th unlocked.

I have read of other cases of this (tuned and then surging) but no conclusions as to what specifically caused it let alone how to fix it. Any insights?

Capture.JPG
    Last edited by snivilous; 03-12-2024 at 04:41 PM.
    snivspeedshop.com

Custom Supercharger Parts, Design and Analysis, Tuning

Tuner in Training
    @Slow&Stock was a huge help with my cruise setup. Maybe he will have a good suggestion on where to look. Pretty sure you?ve thought of everything I would have thought about, but I can forward my latest if you want to see it for comparison in the AI/Cruise sections.

I?m not on here much at all. Feel free to pm me on Tundras with an email address if you?d like.

Tuner in Training
    Got it figured, ViktorG suggested it was the torque limits table which I had maxed out l. Reset it to stock and it fixed cruise control. Going to tweak with it a bit to figure out which table specifically caused it.

EDIT: Not sure if it's exclusive to the high load torque table, but I maxed that out and left low load untouched and it started again. Because of that I left both tables stock ultimately.

Apparently it (can) happen on 2018+ with the 2048k ECUs according to a user on the Tundra forum as well.
    Last edited by snivilous; 03-12-2024 at 04:40 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Nice. Nice.