Thread: Looking for upgraded/tweaked stock 6.2 LS tune, unable to find in repository?

Potential Tuner

Looking for upgraded/tweaked stock 6.2 LS tune, unable to find in repository?

Good evening, new to the forum here and am just starting to see the fun I can have! LOL

I have just received the new MPVI3 and have disabled the DOD in the ECU on my 2012 Yukon Denali in hopes of staying ahead of any sort of lifter failure for the time being. Not having any issues now, and have had scheduled maintenance done since new, and now at 126,000mi. Went ahead with the purchase of this tuner as I intend to do the complete DOD delete, but will need to wait until fall, as I will be unable to have the truck down right for the next few months in order to pull our trailer. In the mean time thought i would do a search in the repository to see if I could find an upgrade tune for a stock Denali at this time with no bolt on's. I was unable to locate anything.....I know there is a lot on the table for a stock vehicle and would like to get some improvements until I can get the DOD swap done. Any help or info would be most greatly appreciated.

Thank you all, for any help.
    Brandon
    Last edited by Bbehling; 03-12-2024 at 11:27 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bbehling View Post
    Good evening, new to the forum here and am just starting to see the fun I can have! LOL

I have just received the new MPVI3 and have disabled the DOD in the ECU on my 2012 Yukon Denali in hopes of staying ahead of any sort of lifter failure for the time being. Not having any issues now, and have had scheduled maintenance done since new, and now at 126,000mi. Went ahead with the purchase of this tuner as I intend to do the complete DOD delete, but will need to wait until fall, as I will be unable to have the truck down right for the next few months in order to pull our trailer. In the mean time thought i would do a search in the repository to see if I could find an upgrade tune for a stock tune for this vehicle at this time with no bolt on's. I was unable to locate anything.....I know there is a lot on the table for a stock vehicle and would like to get some improvements until I can get the DOD swap done. Any help or info would be most greatly appreciated.

Brandon
    The repository is all stock tunes now days, which if you ask anyone on here, a stock tune IS your base tune. VVE and MAF tuning will help performance along with a good trans tune. There are other things you can do for some more "oomph" as well. Post the tune please.
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by horsepowerguru427 View Post
    The repository is all stock tunes now days, which if you ask anyone on here, a stock tune IS your base tune. VVE and MAF tuning will help performance along with a good trans tune. There are other things you can do for some more "oomph" as well. Post the tune please.
    Thank you for the reply.

Here is the current stock tune.2012 Yukon Denali Stock Files.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by Bbehling View Post

I have just received the new MPVI3 and have disabled the DOD in the ECU on my 2012 Yukon Denali in hopes of staying ahead of any sort of lifter failure for the time being. Not having any issues now, .......

Brandon
    Tune delete does not eliminate the lifter failure. That is a mechanical engineering failure. One day there is hope there will be an EPA exemption to allow cam swaps to be legal in all states.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Tune delete does not eliminate the lifter failure. That is a mechanical engineering failure. One day there is hope there will be an EPA exemption to allow cam swaps to be legal in all states.
    There is at least an idea that turning it off is less likely to have a failure than leaving it turned on. Something about the on/off makes it more likely to fail. I don't know how true it is, but mine are turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    There is at least an idea that turning it off is less likely to have a failure than leaving it turned on. Something about the on/off makes it more likely to fail. I don't know how true it is, but mine are turned off.
    I completely get turning it off. It is annoying as hell. I've just had DOD deletes (software) that has DOD lifter failures. You could be right that it delays the inevitable though but for how long? I've seen 200K stock without a lifter failure. Seen some with as much as 3 sets in a single motor