Thread: Simos18.1 MPI Enable - 259D Box Code

Tuner in Training

Simos18.1 MPI Enable - 259D Box Code

Hey guys,

Recently picked up a 2015 A3 2.0T as a small project, it came with an MPI kit (CTS) already installed. Looking into getting it activated on now.

I found a thread on here where someone enabled MPI on another Simos18 ECU, compared out their changes and had a few questions if anyone could help that'd be awesome.

The following maps are not present on the 259D ECU definition:

Fuel - General - MPI - "Inhibit Table 0" set (Not present on 259D file)
    Inhibit 11 & 12 to 0

Fuel - General - MPI - Valve Diagnostic - "Manual Inhibition" set to (Not present on 259D file)

Fuel - General - MPI - Valve Diagnostic - "Diag Init" set to (Not present on 259D file)
    Whole table to 16

Any hints you may have are much appreciated! Attached is the OEM virtual read of the ECU.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys, put together an XDF for anyone on this same box code and has user defined parameters.

Has pretty much all of the comb mode/inhibits that we should need to properly enable MPI at WOT.

259D - MPI (HPT).xdf

Tuner in Training
    So update, MPI is working it definitely triggers at WOT now. But getting a throttle closure and full limp mode (until key cycle) right around 5500k RPM.

Also throws a strange code: P1388 code at that time too. I probably messed up something with the inhibits or combustion modes.

I found a thread on another forum with a 259L GTI file that had the MPI patched to work and compared that to an OEM 259L file in tunerpro. Made the same changes in my 259D file, but some maps are not present in 259D (at least as far as I could tell). This includes the second string of "Diagnostic initialization type" bits, also a few of the inhibit assignments in table 2 were different OEM to OEM, table 1 is a dead match with the 259L OEM though.

An OEM 259D file is attached, with all the MPI changes I made, if anyone has any thoughts please let me know!

Thanks!

A3 MPI (v1).hpt

Advanced Tuner
    I've seen this code before on other box codes and this fixed it. Basically just maxing a couple mass fuel flow monitor tables and torque monitor table. Give this one a go if you want.

Tuner in Training
    Appreciate you! I'll give it a shot tomorrow!

The only change HPT picks up is the ECM 13635 "Max Fuel Flow Deviation", could you possibly share your XDF or the map FR map ID's of any others you changed?

Thanks!
    Last edited by alwaysbrokemk5; 03-17-2024 at 09:01 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Here you go, just these 2 additional tables. I was lazy and didnt bother defining the axis values since I was just going to max out the tables anyways.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you! Did a quick test run with just 13635 mooned and no more limp mode!

Tuner in Training
    For anyone else on 259D box code, here is the final XDF I used to get MPI working. With those two tables added as well.

259D - MPI (HPT).xdf