Thread: 1.6 ecoboost fusion tune in need of any opinons.

1.6 ecoboost fusion tune in need of any opinons.

So i have this fusion that i play around with and I guess my goal is just to get the power roughly in the ballpark of what a fiesta ST would have stock. I have tried to compare the stock ST file with mine and it seems to be apples and oranges so thats wasnt a cheatsheet like i had hoped.

I have just been making small changes one at a time to see if i could creep up on it but I lack the knowledge to feel confident enough to make changes to alot of the tables. Ill post what I started with and where i am now. Any help would be greatly appreciated at this point. The car does feel like it responded to my changes positively. Ill get a log later today.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DENALI62; 03-15-2024 at 01:45 PM.

I just realized I was looking at focus st files that explains alotm. Does anyone have a fiesta st file they could share with me?

Quote Originally Posted by DENALI62 View Post
    I just realized I was looking at focus st files that explains alotm. Does anyone have a fiesta st file they could share with me?
    Look on the tune repository

I searched earlier and came up empty handed

I searched earlier and came up empty handed
    Will look later but there definitely is one on there.

I found one in a thread and have been playing around with it. Will post updated tune file and a few logs as soon as I get a chance.

Here's the last tune I flashed in along with the log running said tune. If i left any needed channels out please let me know. Again thanks for any insight. I really think i went backwards with this one.

Try this, I've blended some tables from the ST too allow for more load and torque.

I've also attached the channel config for when I tune my ecoboost

Thank you so much I'm about to throw it in an get a log with your parameter template. Will report back.
    Last edited by DENALI62; 03-17-2024 at 09:07 AM.

So i flashed it in and put about 30 miles on to let it settle in since I am having to write entire every time. Then I captured this log. Also many of the channels in the config you sent aren't available.

It definitely felt better from a drivability standpoint.

And again thanks alot for your insight.

Edit:

I will get another log with the standard channel configuration along with a few extra that seemed relevant. The car responded well to the changes through the midrange for sure. I never see the torque source deviate from driver demand at any point under power so that's what we want, right?
    Last edited by DENALI62; 03-18-2024 at 08:25 AM. Reason: asked dumb question lol

Edit:

I will get another log with the standard channel configuration along with a few extra that seemed relevant. The car responded well to the changes through the midrange for sure. I never see the torque source deviate from driver demand at any point under power so that's what we want, right?
    The channels are for my EU ST so you may not have all the same PIDs.

We want to see torque source for driver demand. Will look at your log either tonight or tomorrow if I get time. You happy with it so far?

Yes I am very happy with it. Feels more like an Ecoboost should with a very good pedal feel in the midrange, no need to rev the guts out of it to get up to speed.

I added ten percent to a big chunk of the demand table I'll post that revision in a bit and a corresponding log.

Thanks a lot for everything

I was able to get a pretty good log. The car feels night and day from where i was a couple days ago. But peak manifold pressure looks to be maxing at 13.xx. is that correct?