Thread: PX1 3.2 Ford Ranger 2 bar boost

PX1 3.2 Ford Ranger 2 bar boost

3.2 Ford Ranger
    SID208

Is there anyone that can help with the following?

The issue I'm having won't be able to be resolved with HP tuners it lies deeper.

Okay here goes... I hope it all will make sense...

I have fitted a massive turbo on my vehicle capable of 2.2 bar boost...

The thing is as soon as I boost over 1.55 bar the vehicle experiences what seems like a diesel cut...

When I do logs the value from the ECM only goes up to 255 which makes sense. 100 for atmosphere pressure (1bar) and the rest is actual boost that can be created 1.55bar. Hence 100 + 155 = 255... but as soon as I hit this limit the vehicle experiences a diesel cut that obviously effects the boost...

Ok so I have manipulated the MAP sensor so that when the MAP sensor reads 0.5 bar the true value is 1 bar... the also 1 bar = 2 bar... but the ting is the vehicle goes into limp mode. Because the MAP sensor and Barometric sensor does not agree because the difference between them is too far apart. (True atmospheric pressure vs manipulated MAP pressure). I'm also not able to manipulate the Barometric pressure sensor like I did with the MAP sensor.

Whilst in limp mode I manage to get 260kW(flywheel) and 700Nm. But if anything else should go wrong I wouldn't be able to see it because limp mode is disabled... (well it still goes into limp but doesn't affect anything)...

How is it possible for other 3.2 Rangers to boost over 1.55 bar? (Please assume that all torque/boost limiting tables has been set to MAX as I have maxed out every and removed everything that could limit the boost or torque output)...

As I stated it doesn't have an issue holding boost(2bar) when limp mode.

I have also fitted a 4bar MAP sensor and calibrated it accordingly, no affect, still does the same thing when I boost over 1.55bar...

I think the ECM value for the MAP sensor needs to be higher from 255(256) to 511(512) so that I'll be able to reach a value of 320 (100 atmosphere + 220 boost).

If anyone has experienced this before or if anyones boost on their 3.2 ranger (T6/PX) is over 1.55 bar please let me know this is possible? I would also appreciate a dyno screenshot to confirm where one can see the boost and torque cuve...

Thanks is advance!

Hope it all makes sense...

Tuner in Training
    Look for other limiters within the tables. Bet you money theres one deeper than what youre looking at at face value

All limiters has been either disabled or maxed out. The vehicle is now at a renowned tuner in my area that's been tuning them for more than 10 years. He also can't get it... He's using WINOLS to try and figure out what the issue is...

Yeah i would say you still have some limiters in the background stopping you.....i have a 2017 3.2 Ranger stock turbo boosting 22-23 psi all day every day past 5 years no problems.....
    about two years ago one day i did experience over boosting to 28 29 psi and the car didnt even put me into limp mode ? i knew something was wrong over boosting to 28 psi.....so i turned off the car waited 1 minute turned it back on and everything was good never happened again.

send me your email address i will send you my tune and hopefully you can just copy and past some tables to get you over the line.

i doubt its mechanical parts stopping you......Unless you changed injectors and fuel pump at the time of turbo upgrade ?