Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: User defined PID & default calculations

Since you have the EGR custom PID you just need the [SENS.120] PID. as the wideband via EGR custom PID is listed as a sensor.
    Always Support Our Troops!

I have my "AEM via AC Pressure" PID defined as the air fuel ratio sensor. I also have this PID/sensor in my table. I don't see a way to add the air fuel ratio sensor to the table directly.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

You will end up using the "generic" wideband AFR SENSOR to get AFR error if you are logging EGR Wideband.

E.G. If you put Wideband AFR in the chart view what do you get?
    Always Support Our Troops!

OK, this is weird. So right now I have in my table (among other things):

AC Pressure voltage
    AFR Commanded (low res)
    AFR Error (this goes to unsupported parameter when I start logging or open a log)
    My "AEM WB via AC" User PID (user.9010)

When I add the "Air Fuel Ratio" sensor into the chart I get the same reading as the custom "AEM via AC" PID. So if I can chart the AFR sensor (sens.120) and commanded AFR (sens.121) then why doesn't the built in AFR Error PID work?
    Bill Winters

Advanced Tuner
    Ok I got this to work with the short log you posted on the first page. What you need to do is close out your logs. Insert a new parameter into the table so you can configure user defined. Configure the user defined pid as in the picture, I believe I got your equation correct. The just insert this pid into your histogram. I did reselect the table to plot onto. I don't know if that had an effect or not but it's worth a shot.

Edit:
    You need to setup a new AFR error PID also. I attached another image that shows how I set it up and I got a 2.2% error from that same log that you posted.

Tim
    Last edited by bullygoat; 03-21-2007 at 07:08 PM.
    GM World Class Technician
    ASE Master Auto Technician
    L1 Certification
    2001 Silverado 6.0L Swap

Tim,

I started fresh with a brand new config and I was able to reference the user defined PID for AFR in my user defined PID for AFR error just like you did above. If I plug these same functions into my current config it doesn't work. This has to be some sort of bug, and I think I know what the deal is. The config I was trying to use was adapted from my LS1 WB config file which was created pre-2.1.16. 2.1.16 is where the user defined PIDs were first introduced. So I think there was something in my old config that was not being updated to allow me to use user defined PIDS even though I'm on 2.1.16 now.

So that fixes the user defined PIDs, beauty! But what Scott and I were trying to get working was to be able to use the built in "Air Fuel Ratio Error" PID to work with my AEM WB via A/C. He says it should work but this is still not working even with my brand new clean slate config. I'm starting to think that this just isn't possible without EIO. I would like to be able to post logs and have others see the AFR Error histograms but I don't know if thats possible since my AFR is coming from a user PID. It would make things a lot more portable if the custom PIDs were held in the config files themselves.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 03-22-2007 at 03:03 PM.
    Bill Winters

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater
    When I add the "Air Fuel Ratio" sensor into the chart I get the same reading as the custom "AEM via AC" PID. So if I can chart the AFR sensor (sens.120) and commanded AFR (sens.121) then why doesn't the built in AFR Error PID work?
    its because the lookup looks for any sensors you deemed an afr sensor...so your not actually charting a sensor.

You would need to make a custom PID using your custom PID number as far as I can tell...I'd have to play around with it some since I really havent tried the ole egr/ac pressure trick.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

My custom PID for AFR via AC pressure is defined as an air fuel ratio sensor and is chartable as PID.120 so I don't know how else to tell the scanner it's an air fuel ratio meter. I think the built in AFR Error PID lookup may be looking for an aux input PID rather than just using PIDs 120 and 121.
    Bill Winters

and currently theres no way to put [sens.120] into the chart on its own
    -Scott -

Sure you can. I can chart SENS.120 and SENS.121. sorry, I meant SENS.120 in the above post, not PID.120. So that's what I don't get; If I can chart sens.120 and sens.121 then why is the built in AFR Error PID not working? I even changed my custom AFR Error PID to "100*([SENS.120]-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121]" instead of referencing my user PID for AFR.

This is a little moot since I am able to get user defined PID's working for both AFR and AFR Error and even reference user defined PIDs inside the other user defined PIDs although I don't need to now that I realize I can use sens.120 to reference my user PID for AFR. All I was trying to do is be able to share logs with AFR Error in them and that just isn't possible without someone having my user PID for AFR via AC in their scanner.
    Bill Winters

I just ran into this same problem. Luckily I didn't spend too much time on it before finding this thread. Like Bill said, it’s not a big deal as there are ways around it. It would be nice for sharing logs with AFR error though. FWIW, I also have the non-pro version with my wideband piped in via the AC pressure input.

Tuner in Training
    Add me to the list - using a PLX via EGR.

Gotta love search!
    Jerry

'02 Sierra Z71 5.3 w/100K miles - HPTuners, PLX Wideband, LS1 efans, 145A Alt, 'Vette servo, Poor man's 1/2 drop - Just starting to scratch that itch...

There are still some bugs in user defined PIDs that are defined as air fuel ratio sensors. I tried to do a plot filter using an AND statement for AFR (AFR > 14.66 AND AFR < 14.75). When I tried to use my user defined PID for AFR the filter did not return any data. When I used SENS.120 it worked perfectly.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 07-30-2007 at 07:47 AM.
    Bill Winters

Tuner in Training
    i am also having this problem. i cant see histo 5 and 7. can someone post their custom PIDs so i can copy them to see AFR %error and also, i cant see my MAF (Hz) either... weird. it is in my table display!

i am using an LC1 thru the EGR with a PID of "([PID.2811]/.625)+10".

Advanced Tuner
    i just ran across this problem as well, i do have a eio cable but i didnt like having so many wires in the car so i connected my wb into the egr input.
    The default Afr error histrogram has always worked perfectly when i was using the eio input but i get "histogram not supported" when logging afr through egr even though all needed pids were being logged.
    I have made up the custom pid 100*([USER.9005]-[SENS.121])/[SENS.121] and ive got afr error working but like everyone else has said it would be good if the default settings would work

ps great thread really helped me out
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears