Thread: 2017 Tahoe 5.3 shudder at low RPMs + high load

Potential Tuner

2017 Tahoe 5.3 shudder at low RPMs + high load

Hello, tuners! I am working on tuning my 2007 Corvette with my MPVI3 and have not come up with unanswered questions about it just yet since this forum community is so great about addressing the ones I would have had when getting started. I'm sure I'll come up with some!

My issue right now is a shudder at low RPMs (1,200-~1,500) and high load (maintaining 50-55 MPH uphill) in my wife's 2017 Tahoe 5.3. It feels almost like it did when the torque converter was disintegrating last year but the transmission has been rebuilt. 6L80
    Transmission fluid is perfectly pink now and no slipping seems to occur. The transmission guy doesn't think the new torque converter is cause of the issue. It is under warranty.

For some more history it had an OEM update reflash after we replaced the battery a bit over a year ago. It started misfiring badly in January this year and the dealer replaced all the lifters. The dealer covered the cost but has given up on helping troubleshoot this hesitation. If I apply more throttle it downshifts as it should and accelerates smoothly.

We pulled some logs today with PIDs that I hope will help to diagnose the problem but I'm not sure exactly where to focus. I'm seeing misfires on 6 & 8 when it seems worst and occasionally on 1, 5 & 7 but I don't know if they're substantial enough. It also appears quite rich, though I haven't isolated the MAF or applied any filters for data logging yet. I attached the logs we pulled this morning. The first one was stopped immediately after the shuddering occurred on a hill so we could try to isolate the event.

Can anyone see anything in the logs that would cause the hesitation in the conditions I mentioned or advise me on additional PIDs to log that I missed? I also pulled some TCC values from the TCM.
    Attached Files Attached Files