Thread: 2007 silverado p59 no PE 165 % pedal position

Tuner in Training

2007 silverado p59 no PE 165 % pedal position

So I have a 07 silverado classic at WOT it does not go into pe or the correct eq ratio. I've set tps enable as low as 40% no delay enrichment rate to 1.5 , all enable stuff is satisfied. BUT pedal position goes all the way to 165%. We have swapped pedals, tac module, and ECU. Even swapped to an 05 ecu and Tac and read the same 165. Tps hits 99.6 around 66% pedal position. Is this normal. I do lots of gen 3 trucks and never seen this before. I'm surprised there's no reduced engine power. Part throttle you don't notice any issues, it drive great. But WOT It commands 14.68 and "Closed loop normal".posting from my phone so I can't post files.

Senior Tuner
    Yeah thats normal (tps/accel) for some of those trucks.

There are torque qualifiers for PE too. Post the tune and we can look.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by garryharris841 View Post
    So I have a 07 silverado classic at WOT it does not go into pe or the correct eq ratio. I've set tps enable as low as 40% no delay enrichment rate to 1.5 , all enable stuff is satisfied. BUT pedal position goes all the way to 165%. We have swapped pedals, tac module, and ECU. Even swapped to an 05 ecu and Tac and read the same 165. Tps hits 99.6 around 66% pedal position. Is this normal. I do lots of gen 3 trucks and never seen this before. I'm surprised there's no reduced engine power. Part throttle you don't notice any issues, it drive great. But WOT It commands 14.68 and "Closed loop normal".posting from my phone so I can't post files.
    I wanted to add that if this truck doesn't have a Gm throttle body but a China e bay or reman unit, its gonna give you some funky issues. I went through this on my dads LS swapped Camaro recently. I had to get a throttle body so I ordered an Ebay one to get it going but it was doing the same thing and with my throttle blade open, i would still have a bout 2" inches of pedal travel, drove like total sh!t , wanting to downshift with little pedal effort . I ordered a genuine GM Dbw throttle body and it now has fixed this issue with much better drivability , response and no longer downshifting early. It will need to be tuned for this change as the air flow numbers have also been thrown off.