Thread: Need Some Help with Basic Edit

Potential Tuner

Need Some Help with Basic Edit

Hey everyone, first time poster. I have a '16 C7 Z06 that has an existing tune. I need to reflash back to stock and was wondering if anyone can help guide me through the steps. I'm even willing to Venmo some $ for guidance. I'm pretty tech savvy but haven't been able to find clear cut instructions on YouTube or any of the materials I've read. Knowing the importance of the ECU I'm hesitance to click around without knowing exactly what I'm doing. Below is what I'm trying to accomplish and what I believe to be the required steps.

Goal:
    Save existing performance tune, flash stock tune back into ECU, and at a later date, reflash back to performance tune.

Steps per my Understanding:

1) Save current performance tune to HP tuners
    2) Reflash stock tune into ECU (my tuner sent me my stock file)
    3) At a later date, flash performance tune back into car

I have 2 HP tuner credits and the MPVI3 module.

Any help would be appreciated! As I mentioned, I'd be more than happy to Venmo someone who can provide high quality instructions.

Thanks!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes, those steps sound correct
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Bill. I guess my question is how do I do that? The interface isn't intuitive to me.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    open editor, click read vehicle
    then click read
    then save the file you read
    then open the stock file
    then select write vehicle
    then click write

Pretty straight forward. www.hptuners.com/help has additional information about the basics of using our hardware/software.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    I would add click on Gather Info before you select Read. That vehicle probably has a FSCM that if you read that module with the ECM and TCM it will cost an additional credit on top of the two you have when you go to flash the modified tune file back to the vehicle.Just select the ECM and TCM to read. I doubt your tuner made changes to the FSCM but you might check with him to be sure.