Thread: Ram KR on light throttle accel

Tuner in Training

Ram KR on light throttle accel

The truck has a NSR comp cam and LT headers, 33" tires and 4.56 gears. under light throttle it pulls timing and just doesnt feel like it accelerates like it should. almost like its bogging a little. kr 031824.hpl

Your MAF is way off at idle.
    Fuel Trims are swinging.

Maybe your airflow table doesnt fit to the cam.
    Maybe the phaser isnt right in place.

Your tune is needed...

Tuner
    Is your cam phaser locked or limited? And as F Creek Ranch just said, your fuel trims are not good at all. The amount of knock Im seeing in your log here has me feeling nothing short of obligated to tell you to drive this truck as little as possible, if at all until some of these major issues in your tune file. And this is assuming there isnt a major mechanical failure that needs addressing first. Question for ya.... Have you at any point tried to attempt any heavy throttle attempts or WOT pulls? If so, how did the truck react when doing this? And if you havent yet, try a very short attempt on your next drive and let me know how that went. Report back and post your tune file and Im sure we can figure out whats going on here.
    2016 Ram CCSB Forged NA 396ci Stroker
    +2.5cc Flat/Dome Mahle Power-Pak Forged Pistons w/13.2/1 CR on E85
    Forged Manley 4.05" Stroke Crank/Speed Master Valvetrain
    Race Ported Eagles/Titanium 2.12"/Titanium 1.62" Valves
    Custom Cam 235/249 .629/.629 111LSA 110ICL+1Adv
    Ported Holley Hi-Ram Intake/NXpress Hi-Ram NO2 Plate kit w/250 Shot(4 sec)
    Tx Spd 2" Long Tubes/Active Viper Hood/2-Step
    ATI SD w/15% UD/Dual 450 Pumps/Fuel Cell in Bed/Demon 700cc Inj
    3800 stall/Det Tru-Trac/410 Gears

Tuner in Training
    It has a 7 degree limiter installed and seems to run good other than feeling like its more sluggish than it should be with the tire size and gears it has under light throttle conditions. Ive actually put about 50k miles on it since it ate the stock cam and ive changed the tune countless times. This is a WOT log from today on the way home from work.11 ram 032024.hpl ram rev 54.hpt
    Last edited by LDMoore87; 03-20-2024 at 05:46 PM.

Maybe you should start with a stock tune again...

Tuner in Training
    Truck wouldn?t run at all with the stock tune so that?s out. I did put some 93 and a little VP in it and it?s not pulling anymore than 1 degree under same driving conditions so i guess I?ll need to make some more changes.