Thread: 10R80 To TH400

Tuner in Training

10R80 To TH400

Does anybody have any experience in what needs to be changed within the tune when putting a TH400 in a 2018+ Mustang? I've looked all over the place for any info on this specific swap and have yet to find anything. I figured with the amount of people switching to a TH400, there would be discussion on this somewhere. I see that the Lund cars have to use the left paddle in order to get the car to start up by making it seem like it is the clutch. I see the master enable and disable for the automatic transmission, but as far as whatever it is they would be doing to get the left paddle to simulate a clutch pedal through just the tune, I am not sure where something like that could even be accessed from. Any help would be appreciated!

You want to run it on MT OS and simulate the clutch. Otherwise PCM wont get the N signal from trans.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    You want to run it on MT OS and simulate the clutch. Otherwise PCM wont get the N signal from trans.
    I?ll start looking into how to do that, I?m assuming it?s probably not as easy as just finding and loading a manual file from another vehicle? I have forscan so I might be able to flash that tune into the car and then edit the vin so that it matches the vehicle. Going to do some research on this and post my findings if I come to any conclusions