Thread: Hunting for idle at Startup

Potential Tuner

Question Hunting for idle at Startup

07 suburban, BTR stage 3 stock trans (for now) I have two things I'd like to tweak on.

first issue; at start up when cold it performs great. once warm it will start and die or start and hunt for idle for a bit before smoothing out.
    second and I think related is; it will sometimes tug on the converter at idle in gear.

before I go changing anything id really like a more experienced opinion. I'm thinking idle-airflow-ECT mult for the first problem, but idle-airflow-BRAF could be the second problem or both.

any help is much appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by TODD T View Post
    07 suburban, BTR stage 3 stock trans (for now) I have two things I'd like to tweak on.

first issue; at start up when cold it performs great. once warm it will start and die or start and hunt for idle for a bit before smoothing out.
    second and I think related is; it will sometimes tug on the converter at idle in gear.

before I go changing anything id really like a more experienced opinion. I'm thinking idle-airflow-ECT mult for the first problem, but idle-airflow-BRAF could be the second problem or both.

any help is much appreciated.
    Here is something to try out.
    2007 suburban v2 step 2 trans 1.0.hpt
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Potential Tuner

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Here is something to try out.
    2007 suburban v2 step 2 trans 1.0.hpt
    That seemed to help with the restarts once it warms up. The idle overall seems more stable too.

Thank you.

When I first started to learn this tuning (I bought the truck and tuner to play and learn) I didn't fully understand how the licensing went. I overwrote my tune file each time I made changes not knowing I could save multiple versions. I had it pretty screwed up there for a while. LOL

The editor has a built-in time machine...

screenshot.22-03-2024 13.27.22.png

You can go back only as far as the last time you read the file out of the vehicle, though.

Right click on one of the previous versions and 'Open in new editor', then save that file, is a way to undo changes.