Thread: Idle tune need help

Tuner in Training

Idle tune need help

So I have this gen 4 5.3 stock truck injectors, intake manifold, TS Low lift stage 2 cam, maf 213-4222. not sure what other detail would be important but I modified the tune to get it running and it starts for a few seconds and it dies, if I play with the throttle I can keep it running and after a little time it stays running at idle. I have a wide band O2 and seems very rich not sure if that is my issue but I don't know much about tunning and don't want to go crazy with the tune. I will attach the tune and two log if someone can check them out and give me their opinions that would be much appreciated.

samurai 2.hplsamurai1.hplSamuraiidle-idle new 2.hpt

Senior Tuner
    And this is a swap vehicle?

Never mind, this is the Frankenstein truck.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    And this is a swap vehicle?

Never mind, this is the Frankenstein truck.
    is she famous now?

Quote Originally Posted by toroz06 View Post
    So I have this gen 4 5.3 stock truck injectors, intake manifold, TS Low lift stage 2 cam, maf 213-4222. not sure what other detail would be important but I modified the tune to get it running and it starts for a few seconds and it dies, if I play with the throttle I can keep it running and after a little time it stays running at idle. I have a wide band O2 and seems very rich not sure if that is my issue but I don't know much about tunning and don't want to go crazy with the tune. I will attach the tune and two log if someone can check them out and give me their opinions that would be much appreciated.

samurai 2.hplsamurai1.hplSamuraiidle-idle new 2.hpt
    This should help...but she is looking really lean. You will need to add fuel.

Samuraiidle-idle new 2 - 1.0.hpt
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    This should help...but she is looking really lean. You will need to add fuel.

Samuraiidle-idle new 2 - 1.0.hpt
    Wow I was way off I thought I was rich! Thanks for you input