Thread: 5.3 Swap to 6.0 Cam Tune

Potential Tuner

5.3 Swap to 6.0 Cam Tune

Hey Tuners! New to the forums. Are there any Base cam tunes available for Lq4 to help with establishing a baseline to go off of?

Lq4 with ported and Milled .015 862 heads, Long Tubes. Cam Specs: 228/232 .550"/.550" 110+5

Thanks for the Help!

The stock tune is your base tune. Modify as needed. There are plenty of guides on here to help you figure it out.

Potential Tuner
    Yea Roger, I just have a limited time to mess with this truck to get it right. If not, have leave it all summer for remote work. Was hoping someone had a file with something similar I could look at to start with.

Senior Tuner
    Starting with someone else’s tune would probably only save you an iteration or two at the best.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JmaurerAK View Post
    Was hoping someone had a file with something similar I could look at to start with.
    if i paid $650 to have my truck tuned, why would i just give you my tune to look at?
    Pay me $300 and ill send it to you.

This is why no one will just send you a file.

Potential Tuner
    Don?t have to be rude man. Some people don?t mind sharing and helping out others. Just a simple question. Unless your set up is exactly like mine why would I pay for it?

Senior Tuner
    I don't know that is the real reason people don't "give" files on here. It's the fact that typically for most builds, they probably won't save much time and might be worse than a stock file to start with.

Senior Tuner
    No one even knows the year of the vehicle with the few details you provide. And even if they did there is not one stock calibration to start with that would be correct for your vehicle. You have much to learn about how this works.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    I don't know that is the real reason people don't "give" files on here. It's the fact that typically for most builds, they probably won't save much time and might be worse than a stock file to start with.
    Yea that makes sense. I guess it would be harder starting from scratch. I did see some stock files in the repository to compare at least. Finally got the truck all together and will be plugging in tmrw.

I appreciate the reply

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    No one even knows the year of the vehicle with the few details you provide. And even if they did there is not one stock calibration to start with that would be correct for your vehicle. You have much to learn about how this works.
    Yea sorry i didn't think that info was very relevant since these combos can go into anything. I have an Lq9 in an airboat I built that was previously in a commercial fishing boat with MEfi 5 system. I switched ECMs and tuned thru a Holley system. Just new with HPTuners and factory GM type stuff and was reaching out.

Sounds more like you need to diversify.

'04 Lq4 with ported and Milled .015 862 heads, Long Tubes. Cam Specs: 228/232 .550"/.550" 110+5 now in an '06 Silverado Z71 SCSB

I still appreciate your time.

Advanced Tuner
    Well with a tune and a log maybe someone can give ya some tips on how to get it to a "base" tune with probably one to two flashes. After that your going to have to dial it in like you would with another tune. Have you checked the repository?