Thread: 2009 Tahoe

Tuner in Training

2009 Tahoe

I have a 2009 Tahoe. I flashed with a stock 2009 police Tahoe with a 5.3 tune. Now I get p0606 code and the throttle quits working after a few minutes. The tune was supposed to give better throttle response according to the individual that sent it to me. This is the first gen 4 I have messed with. I figured the police package would be a good place to start. It sorta has similar symptoms to a gen 3 bad tac module but does not have a tac. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Raging2855; 03-23-2024 at 11:24 AM.

Never flash a tune that isn't yours into your computer.

Flash back to a previous file and see if it runs. If it does just use the compare feature to copy over differences.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

There are 8 segments in the ECM, a HPT file only has 6 segments. When you change the OS using HPT it leaves 2 of the old segments unchanged, which happen to be the ones for the electronic throttle. HPT is not able to do a full flash on GM Gen 4 ECMs. You need a GM SPS subscription and compatible J2534 device to flash a different OS into these.