Thread: Tune help Please

Potential Tuner

Tune help Please

6.0 with Ms3 cam in an auto formula.
    3200 stall

Periodically surges at Idle, seems to run really rich, coasting idle is at 1500 and have to ride brakes. I just picked the car up form a tuner.GOMEZ FIREBIRD TUNE ORIGINAL.hpt
    02 Firebird Fauxmula. Converted v6 car to v8 using doner WS6 car.
    6.0 LQ9, 243 heads, MS3 cam, Fast92 intake and throttle body, longtubes.
    DeatschWerks Fuel Injectors 18U-01-0050-8

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_rp View Post
    6.0 with Ms3 cam in an auto formula.
    3200 stall

Periodically surges at Idle, seems to run really rich, coasting idle is at 1500 and have to ride brakes. I just picked the car up form a tuner.GOMEZ FIREBIRD TUNE ORIGINAL.hpt
    So.... That is a totally bullshit excuse for a half-assed tune. It is like someone who did not know what they are doing pulled tables from boosted, non boosted, SD, and MAF tunes and tossed them in a blender.

Potential Tuner
    yeah. the car at least starts and idles somewhat. id rather not take it back to the tuner and have him fix it. lll just right it off as a loss and start over.
    02 Firebird Fauxmula. Converted v6 car to v8 using doner WS6 car.
    6.0 LQ9, 243 heads, MS3 cam, Fast92 intake and throttle body, longtubes.
    DeatschWerks Fuel Injectors 18U-01-0050-8

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_rp View Post
    yeah. the car at least starts and idles somewhat. id rather not take it back to the tuner and have him fix it. lll just right it off as a loss and start over.
    That would be for the best, because I can guarantee that the person who did that to your tune file has no idea how to fix it. It really looks like they just took pieces of other running tunes and copied them into yours with zero understanding of what they were doing.