Thread: New Cam need Help!!

Potential Tuner

Exclamation New Cam need Help!!

Really needing some help ASAP
    Long story short truck got a collapse lifter damaged cam
    old cam specs used to be Texas speed stage 4 225/231, .635"/.635", 112 LSA
    was really wanted to put back the same spec cam but unfortunately wasnt in stock and needed something fast since it is my daily vehicle to work.
    New cam specs is 227/235 .635/.635 110 LSA fuel lube 10%
    after cam was installed was able to drive it down the road and back ran okay..
    next morning truck starts idle rough and once you put it into gear it shuts off.
    just really needing a base line tune to get this truck decently running to get it home and not in the work yard.
    No codes coming out so Im assuming its the difference in cam thats causing the stalling in gear.
    other mods are
    3400 stall
    long tube headers
    maroon gmc tune.hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gmcserg; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:47 PM.

Tuner
    You'll want to attach a log so guys can see what's going on as well as any codes and if the check engine light is on.

Based on your description, I have my doubts it's the tune. Generally things don't run fine and then tank the next day because of the tune.

I'd check the oil for glitter. Then I'd check all the connections, including plugs, plug wires, MAF, and o2 sensors.

A cheesy way to check if it might be the tune is to pull the battery cable and do a hard reset, similar to when you powered it up the first time after replacing the cam. If it runs fine (or like it did during your first drive) then perhaps it is the tune. If it still runs bad, you've effectively ruled the tune out....at least in my opinion.

Potential Tuner
    thank you for your input. yes check all connections and grounds and no check engine light on at this point. oil looks good no glitter
    I will do that hard reset if anything changes thank you