Thread: Tune my rental 07 Grand Prix??

Tuner

Tune my rental 07 Grand Prix??

Looks like I'll be driving a rental 07 Grand Prix GTP for a bit as they screwed up the Astro pretty good.

Thinking I should burn some credits and tune the GP. Anyone have a file they would like to send?

If you don't mind burning credits on a rental: Go for it!
    Just tune the spark & the MAF, & trans.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    I live in a retiree section of FL. Can picture some old lady getting behind the wheel and ending up going through a storefront window.

Headlines on the news quoting the lady "I just touched the gas pedal and the car shot off" Authorities are examining the vehilce for any abnormalities as witnesses reported lots of squeel and smoke from the tires.

Or... You could do things like:

- set the speed limiter to 45 MPH
    - rev limiter to 3000 RPMs

Wonder how long before they get a complaint?

LOL...

and fuel restore to 35 mph..... How long for the dealer tech to figure it out?

just bump up the line pressure in the tranny
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

whats the astro in for now??

also you could set the tq management to 100%

There's no such thing as an 07 Grand Prix GTP... the GP GTP was discontinued in 05....however the 06/07 GT now have the SC 3.8 engine...
    2017 Chevrolet SS, Orange Blast Metallic, Rotofab CAI. Headers coming soon. Stock Tune for now
    Previous Rides: 2008 G8 GT, 2004 GTO, 2004 GTP, 2002 TA

Tuner
    Well, the Astro went back in as they damaged a water line and did not diagnose the A/C problem correctly. This was the 2nd recheck on the original ticket

They called me that day at 5:00 said to return the rental and come get the car. Hertz dropped my off at the dealer at 5:30 and split. Got the car as the dealer was closing the gates. Made it to the end of their drive and all hell broke loose. Mechanic left a rag under the hood and it got sucked into the alternator. Called the service writer and caught him before left for good. Pulled the car right back into service and left it with them.

Service manager gave me a ride home and replaced the alternator at NC on Saturday. Mechanic had no-showed for his Satuday shift. This and the 3 rechecks on the car got him fired on monday. Service manager is my neighbor. Poor guy felt really bad driving me home..

Got the Astro back on Saturday and so far it is holding together

On the GT GTP issue all I can say it the digital display lit up with a big GTP on it when you started the car and the emblems said GTP Who knows ..