Thread: System monitors control?

Advanced Tuner

System monitors control?

How much control do we have to change the system monitors? I have a customer that has a Durango that we Procharged and tuned. Truck runs fine, no codes, all systems are ready but the catalytic converter is reading "not supported". The truck still has the factory cats and manifolds. I didn't mess with anything in the tune regarding the cats. Any ideas what could cause this? Truck won't pass emissions because of this.

Tuner
    Jason, i would guess your settings in the vcm editor may have been turned of by prior tuner/owners. Pull current file , run a compare file (stock one) and look at the Engie Diag. tab, DTCs, SES Enable, would be there are some O2 items turned off , which you wont be able to pass emissions that way.

Need to be sure there enabled, have a good set of 02's front an rear, adjust your settings as needed for the fuel/o2 sensors airflow.
    My ride.. 2009 Limited SRT8, Brilliant Black ⚫, Centerforce Clutch RIPx2 now Ram Clutches!, Full Adjustable BMR suspension, Solid mounted Cradle and Diff, DSS 1PC DS, Level 5 Axles, Belanger Headers, AFR500V2, Lowered, 180 Tstat, RonDavis Rad, Staggered tires.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the idea. Nothing looked out of place but there were some rear o2 codes turned off. But two codes that I noticed p0421 and p0431. Do you think they would the catalyst to show not supported?