Thread: Warm climate ECT & IAT Spark Correction Tables question

Tuner

Warm climate ECT & IAT Spark Correction Tables question

I wanted your guys feedback on how to address these two tables. I live in FL, way south FL. The coldest is has ever been here in the 10 years I have lived here is 38F. My coolant temp runs a solid 196F. I will switch to a 170F t-stat after this repair mess is sorted out.

Looking at the ECT vs Spark Advance I have advance to some degree up to 158F.

Looking at the IAT vs Spark Advance I have retard with IAT's from 104F.

Be it a combintation of where the van intake is and the hot temp down here my IAT's are darn near always over 100F, in traffic yesterday my IAT's were over 175F.

I'm guessing that at least 90% of the time I am in some spark correction mode?

Question is, should I zero these tables and try to handle it in the normal spark tables. Or at least zero the "cold" side of the ECT table?

Thanks
    Last edited by FGCUhank; 03-15-2007 at 11:38 PM.

its totally dependent on the car....
    I like to find a spot where it can run without corections of any kind...then let it get hot and subtract timing for hot IAT where necessary....you will have to look for AFR or knock issues to tell if it needs it...
    many time I can just shift them a few columns over and all is good...

the cold side you need...dont mess with it...and I would assume you would be at full operating temp anyways when you really needed all the spark
    -Scott -

Tuner
    Been running some logs and watching this. Looks like the first thing I need to do is find some way to get real outside air into the intake. Even the factory inlet is in the engine compartment next to the radiator.

Quote Originally Posted by FGCUhank
    Been running some logs and watching this. Looks like the first thing I need to do is find some way to get real outside air into the intake. Even the factory inlet is in the engine compartment next to the radiator.
    A lot of the GTP guys use fenderwell intakes. Most are home made. You may want to consider that, or running dryer ducting down to your intake from your filter. I'd consider the FWI if I were you.