Thread: 2500 rpm rev limiter

2500 rpm rev limiter

I am working on a 64 vette with an ls3/5speed using the gmpp ls3/480 controller trying to get the pwm fans to operate. After many hours of reading i installed a used e67 ecm and programmed it to a 2010 zr1 manual transmission from the tune repository, copied the files from the gmpp controler. The engine runs, the fans operate with coolant temp and a/c as desired but it has a rev limiter at 2500rpm that i cannot seem to find. I believe this car has the ctsv app pedal and originally had a silver blade throttle body. i have swapped to a gold blade throttle body but it didnt help. Is this a pedal issue or something in the calibration?

Thanks, Nathan

You can't use HP Tuners to reprogram a Gen 4 ECM with a different OS like that. Must use GM SPS.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    You can't use HP Tuners to reprogram a Gen 4 ECM with a different OS like that. Must use GM SPS.
    i am a gm dealer tech, i did use gm sps to program the used ecm to the 2010 zr1 vin, and then used hptuners to transfer the calibration data.

Well the GMPP calibration isn't going to be compatible with the ZR1, particularly in the electronic throttle tables, the ones that cause REP if messed with.

Actually... the supercharged OS used on a N/A engine is likely to be a bigger problem. That wasn't a great choice.

What's the ECM service number?

The service number is 12633264, part number 12639298. Is there a calibration that will work with this ecm? Or do I need a different ecm/calibration?