Thread: 2019 Silverado L84 DOD Delete, Not Running...

Potential Tuner

2019 Silverado L84 DOD Delete, Not Running...

Any help would be appreciated. Ive done a hardware delete of the dod system with non-dod lifters and the L8T cam. The engine doe not idle and only runs for a few seconds before cutting off. I have noticed that when I disconnect the MAF it runs for longer but idles up initially to about 2700rpm then down to 800-600 or so and idles very rough. When I have it connected it does not do this but instead fire, run for 1-2 seconds then die.

Here is my current tune as well as log files from with maf and without maf.
    MAF Disconnected.hpl
    MAF Connected.hpl
    L84DODDisable.hpt

I will add originally we were not sure if we needed a new cam for this engine as we could not get a clear answere if the stock l84 cam would work with the non-dod lifters. We attempted to run it like that but it would not idle. It did run but if you let off the gas it would die. We then proceeded to swap the cam to the l8t cam and now this is where we are at.
    Last edited by W0LF; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:13 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Issue is fixed and the truck is running. My issue ended up being an air intake leak. Half of my intake plenum was not tightened down all the way and caused a massive leak. If anyone is interested here is a tune file for the L84 5.3L with the L8T cam for DOD/DFM delete.