Thread: 2012 Corvette Read ok. Write Instant Controller Unlocker Timeout

Tuner

2012 Corvette Read ok. Write Instant Controller Unlocker Timeout

I'm helping out a guy who has a bigger air intake and is getting some codes posted. I'd love to learn more about tuning this for increased air flow but perhaps as pressing is that I can't write to the car. It instantly says controller unlocker timeout after putting the ignition switch in the first (only?) position.

We pulled some radio fuses and battery cable for a few minutes.

Your description is a bit vague. When you say the ignition switch in the first position, most will say that is the ACC position (accessories). This will not power on the ECM/PCM. "Pulling some fuses" doesn't give me an overwhelming feeling of confidence either.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Your description is a bit vague. When you say the ignition switch in the first position, most will say that is the ACC position (accessories). This will not power on the ECM/PCM. "Pulling some fuses" doesn't give me an overwhelming feeling of confidence either.
    First position was weird to me too. I am used to having two key position but the second position starts the car. I've heard there may be a key on sequence. However, it did seem to read the car fine.

I pulled fuses related to the car stereo and tried to write.

Advanced Tuner
    Unplug the battery for 5 min. Then try again. Should write normally after that
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    When you say the ignition switch in the first position, most will say that is the ACC position (accessories). This will not power on the ECM/PCM.
    My 2013 Cadillac CTS-V does in the ACC position. If I flash in the ON position I get comm errors. If I flash in the ACC position, no errors.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by clifftoo View Post
    I'm helping out a guy who has a bigger air intake and is getting some codes posted. I'd love to learn more about tuning this for increased air flow but perhaps as pressing is that I can't write to the car. It instantly says controller unlocker timeout after putting the ignition switch in the first (only?) position.

We pulled some radio fuses and battery cable for a few minutes.
    Press the bottom of the switch. Where you press it to shut the car off. After a few seconds (maybe 3-5?) it will go into accesory mode. I use this for flashing C6
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Learn something new every day. When I have updated software on these GM has me put it into KOEO SES light on with my MDI-2 and Techline Connect/SPS.
    Haven't done any flashes on that vehicle yet.