Thread: Straiht PUZZLED about Tire Size Change 03 Sierra

Tuner in Training

Straight PUZZLED about Tire Size Change 03 Sierra

03 Sierra rcsb 4.8 5 speed 4wd and this is what i see what i go to change tire size in the wizard.

When i change that value to 30.5 for what size is on my truck, it is about 85 mph higher than what I'm really doing.

Help!
    Last edited by NorthernEdge; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:00 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I can't get the picture to upload.

But it says 12.58 for tire size and if i change that value it makes the speedo go crazy.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernEdge View Post
    I can't get the picture to.
    are you using the tire wizard or blue car software to change it ?

Senior Tuner
    03 Sierra rcsb 4.8 5 speed 4wd and this is what i see what i go to change tire size in the wizard.

When i change that value to 30.5 for what size is on my truck, it is about 85 mph higher than what I'm really doing.

Help!
    Your best bet is to take how far you are off with the speedo/GPS and apply that to old tire size.

(GPS reading / Speedo reading) x old tire size = new tire size.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    The value in the box where the tire info is shows 12.58. If i put in 30.5 then the speedo is wayyyyyyy off like 70 mph off

Advanced Tuner
    The value in the box where the tire info is shows 12.58. If i put in 30.5 then the speedo is wayyyyyyy off like 70 mph off
    Can you post the tune? At the bottom right of the dialog box is a button that says "Go advanced", When that loads use the "paperclip" icon to load a file.
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by horsepowerguru427 View Post
    Can you post the tune? At the bottom right of the dialog box is a button that says "Go advanced", When that loads use the "paperclip" icon to load a file.
    done buddy