Thread: L83 - 240z swap - questions

L83 - 240z swap - questions

L83 with BTR Stage 2 cam, LT1 intake and 0263 LT1 TB behind a 6 speed CD009 controlled by a Swap Time harness.

I cleaned out the common DTC items, adjusted the TB settings, added the BTR cam settings and have it idling decently. However, when I free rev it, it will only rev to about 4200 (ish). Not sure why it stops there, and not sure how to proceed or what next steps. Also, the throttle position never seem to go below 20% - what is the best way to adjust this issue?

Attached is the current tune and log. Could someone please give me some assistance.

Thank in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Cazbah362; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:36 PM.

Being that you started off with a truck tune that never came with a manual, it has rpm limits for the automatic calibration. The in gear cutoff table has rpm limits of 4000rpm. You'd have to raise all those limits well past 6,000rpm because of the camshaft you installed.

But honestly starting with a manual file would have been best for a swap like this.

The throttle staying around 15-20% is because it's DBW, there is no IAC, so the blade must stay open to let it run.

I can't help much with swaps like this, I know there tends to be odd stuff when tuning GEN 5 swaps with non manual files.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Just changing the Trans Type to 'manual' doesn't turn an auto trans ECM into a manual trans ECM.

5FDP - Thanks and understand, I would be willing to start over, it has been a cool learning curve going to a Gen V system. Question, if I did start over, what would you recommend as a base file? I agree, there seems to be more random gotchas for going my route, I realize I would need to buy more credits etc.

Blindsquirrel - what would you recommend? any insights?

You can't change to a different OS (car manual trans) using only HP Tuners anyway, it has to have the initial stock OS written to it using GM dealer type tools. HPT does not read or write all the segments in the ECM.

OK, so no segment swap and no changing OS. SO, I should get a Camaro or Corvette E92 PCM? Next step would be a compare and contrast a manual cars settings and try it that way?

Other than that, any other bits of information.

The OS is different between manual and auto in the parts you can't see or change in the editor. (though, allegedly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmKUrSKF61k)

If you do end up changing it, you'll need to make sure your pedal and TB are compatible with whatever new platform you choose, the time to sort these things out is before you start the build.

I agree - I started this build a few years ago, been a little busy getting back to it - many people didn't even know how to swap a Gen 5 motor then..... working with what I have.

Thank you - and any other bits are always appreciated.