Thread: Question about tuning a Corvette and Sierra with same tuner

Potential Tuner

Question about tuning a Corvette and Sierra with same tuner

I've currently got a 2014 Corvette with the NPP exhaust and might be buying my dads 2014 GMC Sierra 6.2L. I have a couple of questions regarding tuning that I was hoping to get some clarification on before I buy the truck and/or tuner.

1. Can I use the same tuner for both vehicles as long as I Get the extra credits?
    2. Can I use a tuner to permanently disable the cylinder deactivation on the Sierra?
    3. Can I use the same tuner to adjust the Corvette's NPP exhaust so that my Sport mode sound matches the Track mode instead of being slightly more quiet on startup?

Edit: Also, would the same tuner also work for a 2019 Sierra Diesel? That's what my dad is replacing his current truck with. Not sure if he wants to tune it at all but it would be cool to have a tool that works for all of them.
    Last edited by AXIS; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:07 PM.

1. Yes, the HP Tuners you buy can tune hundreds of vehicles if not thousands with the newest MPVI3. You just need to purchase the correct amount of credits to do each. The corvette should be 2 credits and the Sierra should be 2 credits in those years.

2. Yes the HP Tuners can turn of the AFM/DoD forever.

3. Mo idea there, maybe someone else knows.

And yes the HP Tuners can tune those diesels but it's crazy expensive and not easy to tune them. I wouldn't even mess with them unless you really know what you are doing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AXIS View Post
    I've currently got a 2014 Corvette with the NPP exhaust and might be buying my dads 2014 GMC Sierra 6.2L. I have a couple of questions regarding tuning that I was hoping to get some clarification on before I buy the truck and/or tuner.

1. Can I use the same tuner for both vehicles as long as I Get the extra credits?
    2. Can I use a tuner to permanently disable the cylinder deactivation on the Sierra?
    3. Can I use the same tuner to adjust the Corvette's NPP exhaust so that my Sport mode sound matches the Track mode instead of being slightly more quiet on startup?

Edit: Also, would the same tuner also work for a 2019 Sierra Diesel? That's what my dad is replacing his current truck with. Not sure if he wants to tune it at all but it would be cool to have a tool that works for all of them.

You can adjust Sport mode to match Track. Do keep in mind that besides what 5FDP mentioned, to access NPP on the Corvette, you'll need to buy....as I recall....2 additional credits for the module where NPP is located. If you don't buy the other module, the "Active Exhaust"...aka NPP....won't show up.

Lastly....the 2014 Vette was a little different than later years so while you can adjust it....some of the specifics may vary. 2015-2019 all work. You may want to see if anyone has a 2014 file with the NPP info showing just to verify. Unfortunately you can't buy the credits for just the tune and download the NPP part to look at it. Gotta pay for the second module.

Screenshot 2024-04-09 213435.png
    Last edited by 96GS007; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:41 PM.