Thread: Setting Up 7.3 Godzilla for standalone configuration.

Potential Tuner

Setting Up 7.3 Godzilla for standalone configuration.

I have a 2022 7.3 Godzilla new take out that I'm running a stock PCM and plan to run with a TKX transmission. I've built my own "control pack" and sent the PCM off to have PATS tuned out and the guy doing that said he also made some changes to make it a standalone PCM. I have the engine on a run stand and when I first applied power to the control pack the fuel pump relay buzzed and the ignition switch will not start the engine. I've troubleshooted the fuel pump relay and I really believe its related to something not setup in the tune correctly and not fully energizing the relay. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I looked at a 2019GT coyote tune from a MARS control pack and I don't see anything different they did in the tune from stock to make the fuel pump relay energize.

The motor will start if I jump the starter solenoid but the ignition switch doesn't do anything. I do have a clutch switch wired up and completing its circuit, is the pcm looking for a neutral safety switch input as well?

The electric fan runs all the time when the motor is running and I'm hoping this can be fixed. The original godzilla ran a fan clutch and FC-V wire ran from the pcm to the clutch. I think this is PWM and I'm hoping this can be set to trigger the fan relay at the temp I want it to come on. Any thoughts?

Lastly the only codes I'm getting are emissions and auto transmission. Should I just disable the auto transmission in the tune then turn off the MIL light for all of the auto trans codes?

I've downloaded HPtuners and am waiting for my MPVI3 to arrive this weekend so I can pull the current tune off the PCM but I'm just trying to get some ideas on what to look for on these issues. The motor starts great, and idles well, throttle pedal works and it revs well.

Potential Tuner
    Here is the readout. Also the reading process took 20 minutes, is that normal?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    can relate when i see the file
    Have any thoughts?

I did some research and apparently 20min read outs with my PCM is the norm but thankfully writes are only 4mins.

I found a manual control pack tune for a Gen 3 coyote and copied the fuel pump settings out of there and the fuel pump relay now works correctly.

If I hit the automatic switch to disable it the engine will begin to accelerate up very high on its own, probably 3-4k and then it'll idle back down, it will then do it again. I'm wondering if the RPM limit clip for P/N at 4000rpms is whats catching it.

I'll try to datalog it and see if I can see whats going on but everything was happening so fast I just shut it down.